Aug 30, 2012

Sister and Mom

For those who might be interested, this summer has been a great leisure for me. I scraped my cutline score for an important test (barely, mind you) after wandering around breathing and living the test, resembling a ghost, and after that it has been.... free time!

Okay. Not exactly. I still have to figure out how to work with this complicated LSAC website, which is in charge of the whole law school application process. I still struggle with the FAQs and How-To-Dos and all those clicks and transcripts and recommendations and of course, the essay. The personal statement. My frivolous attempt to express myself in words, trying to appeal to law schools with something I hope I have, dreams and futures, and racking up whatever I have tried to achieved in college. And high school. Overall, my life.

Now other than these meager aspects of my life which should have do not occupy an overwhelming portion of my life, I have spent this time meeting old friends, trying to revive this blog, and spend with my mom and my sister Yoonmee.

When I am at home, not to brag, we try out so many new dishes. With two people, you can only eat a certain amount, and cooking small portions aren't always worth it. Then you always need to be up for a challenge, to go through a scorching afternoon fiddling with the oven and washing, chopping, roasting, stir frying whatever ingredients while peeking at new recipes after comparing multiple ones and picking the perfect recipe and pulling through it without any doubts (I should have used her recipe it had more sugar, no his had more spunk, no his was more unique ...)and then you have a new repertoire for dinner.



This one on top is not a new repertoire. A little messy, but don't miss the details. A soft-boiled egg, noodles mixed with pepper paste, veggies, cucumbers, kimchi, more kimchi, and sesame seeds!


A peach salad I tried out. The peaches were roasted, mozzarella cheese ripped, almonds and pine nuts tosssed, pesto made with pine nuts, mint, basil and olive oil. The peaches were still juicy, and went well with the pesto :)

And with talks and dinners with mom and sis, we never miss out on the wine. This wine from rioja was compared with another spanish one, but tempranillo is still a grape varietal we have to get used to. :)

Next to that is another dinner, just mom and me. Roasted grape tomatoes, almonds (chopped), mozzarella, olive oil and salt. With white wine :)


I made my sister cocktails often this summer, with gin, white wine, plum wine, tonic water. She always loves them! Definitely not a picky drinker when it comes to sweet cocktails. 

We talk about future, English, college, random news, gossip, and when it comes to the second bottle, we just don't remember anymore. 


Ah, I will miss these cooking sessions/talking sessions with my mom and sister. Only two more days and I am off to dear Amherst...


1 comment:

  1. Oh, these dishes look really, really delicious. And they are set amidst really good story telling. Thank you for the yummy reading treat!

    ReplyDelete