Aug 7, 2012

pizza party!



Wow. I have abandoned this blog for a long time, haven't I? It has been almost a year since my last post, and I have been procrastinating on recording my food and cooking adventures to a mere excuse that I do not have enough time, or I want to make my long-time-no-see post perfect.
But, I have at last(took me a long time, I admit) accepted the fact that, hell no! it does not have to be perfect! I will write unorganized scribbles and doodles and maybe just upload my pictures, it will be just worth it to have an archive where my memories and my thoughts will all be saved and for me to treasure later on. This moment never returns!

Now a lot has happened. I have decided on a law school path, the full package with taking the LSAT, getting over with it, brainstorming my personal statement, researching law schools. Now, under the excuse of I-must-inspire-myself-through-human-interaction, I have met old friends, new friends, basically talking and eating with a lot of people. And I hope, in that way, this break has been fruitful!

I have done bits and bits of cooking at home, mostly catered to my sister's taste (she is the most powerful eater in our house. the most powerful preference, the most powerful taste, you name it) so it has been cheesecake, stir-fried chicken(닭갈비) and a lot of seafood based dishes for my mom, and then a lot of fresh salads since its the summer, I like salads, my mom likes salads, and it is healthy!

Yesterday, my sister and I took upon a grand mission to make pizza at home. We once made it last summer.



HeHe. This time, it looks like this:



Okay, it looks kind of similar to last year's, to admit. But! It has improved! If you look carefully, I thought last year's dough was a bit undercooked (so it tasted a bit soggy) so this time I baked it longer in our oven. And, you see it is a customized pizza! My sister and I decided to go with our own toppings, half and half. She decided on the popular Korean toppings, potato, tomato sauce, black olives and shredded dried mozzarellaa cheese. Since I am the claimed  unique one, I modified the Deb's recipe from smittenkitchen and slapped on grilled eggplant, leftover smoked gouda cheese, edam cheese, roasted onions and green olives, roasted garlic gloves, parsley, and more cheese!


Sorry Sis. But anyway as you may observe from this picture, the bread is puffy! It has rose correctly and it was chewy and moist and just right! I do not have a lot of experience with making bread compared to cookies and cakes, so it was excited to see the bubbles in the dough when I was giving it rising time. Just like in the pictures !!! I was saying to myself. 


The weather is just smoldering nowadays. You take a shower, you busy yourself doing washing the dishes or moving the fan the way you want or rummaging for dessert after stuffing yourself with two huge pizza pieces which you have cut yourself and you are already drenched in sweat again. And if you know the my family, this only means more drinks. Just make it more refreshing. I am in charge of drinks as I am also always in charge of the food, so I mixed up a drink for my sister, also referring to the blackberry gin fiz from smittenkitchen (okay, it is my go-to blog). I blended mulberries and plum syrup, poured them in to a wine glass, stirred in soju and topped with tonic water and ice. Yum! My mom and I enjoyed our whiskey tonic. And of course finished off with leftover wine, which we always have. 

So for leftovers. We wish to have small stomachs, so we froze the leftovers, left a few slices out for my dad! (Just for you, dad). So this morning, heated them up for my dad with his daily smoothies (mulberries, tomatoes and yogurt, oh and the smoothies are not heated). 
Dad: I do not eat pizza for breakfast. 
Me: Puleaze? I made them just for you. 
(Dad eats a bite of the potato pizza)
Dad: There you go. 
Me: Daaaad you have to try my toppings too.
Dad: Okay, okay. 
He tries a bite of my side. 
Dad: Okay, I will take a piece of that one. Give another piece. 
YES SUCCESS!  I win the ultimate pizza battle (which the sole judge is my dad whom I nominated). 
Thank you, thank you for everyone's support I dedicate my honor to my loving family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment