Apr 28, 2011

Jim's Burgerworks - juicy but unseasoned

We took a trip to Easthampton this week(to get my liquor ID! Hey, I'm twenty-one now? Why not). It was a struggle, as they wanted an additional identification for my signature and was not reluctant with the financial certificate I had. Only after a few 'asking my advisor' did the lady announced they would be sending my ID next week. 


The moment we walked out of the office with the crisp tingling of accomplishment spreading to the tip of our toes, we smelled.. burgers! Walking along the the forlorn hallway we were met with a large opening of a restaurant, the air filled with the grilling and sizzling meat. 

Quite random name, but we decided to give it a try, and ordered the simplest burger, coming with onions, tomatoes, lettuce and pickles. I insisted on ordering the meat medium.
According to the burger fanatic H, the burger's quality wasn't to bad. I took a bite, and it was pretty juicy, the bun and veggies balance just about right. But the problem was... There was no seasoning in the meat at all. While there were salt and pepper prepared at each table, there's a limit to one trying to add these condiments after the meat is cooked. More thought needed there. 
But the homemade ketchup, given when asked for, had a nice kick. The hot sauce wasn't too bad either. 


We finished off our trip with toasts of beer at another random pub we discovered at the other end of the corridor (I admit, we did explore this building from top to bottom). H got a honey pale ale which was way too watery, and I got a Porter Ale from Haverhill which was creamy and thick, guinness style but more flavorful! They didn't check my ID though, which I thought was amusing.

2 comments:

  1. ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ burger adventure never stops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.... Your blog title and brief description are so cute! So cute that I re-read it over 3 times.
    근데 이것도 이글루처럼 어떻게 하는지 잘 감이 안 잡힌다. ㅜㅜ 이글루보다 더 어려운 듯? 그리고 너무 영어라 부담이 큼! 내가 공부 안 할 때도 영어를 읽어야겠어? 낄낄

    ReplyDelete